Today we are living in a global economy, which removes barriers and brings together communities and people. This also means an opportunity to consume products and services, which were hitherto inaccessible. This enables companies to market their products and services to an international audience. Add to this, the advent of internet has made international products and services easily accessible to consumers.
However, there are barriers and limitations which companies face in launching and marketing products and services in the South Africa market. With limited resources, the small and medium companies find it harder to market in South Africa.
KPSG assists local and international companies to launch and market their products and services in South Africa. The aim is to provide easy access and quick entry to the fast growing South Africa market.
We assist our clients to explore new market opportunities, identify the specific markets to enter, study the current and future trends in the market, research the competitive landscape and suggest the best strategy to enter the market.
KPSG acts as a strategic partner by providing key insights on the opportunities and challenges, bespoke research, assistance in branding, sales and marketing, and developing business strategies in South Africa.
We also assist our clients in setting up a Sales Team and managing the sales process. This outsourced sales function makes it easier for our clients to sell and market their brands in South Africa.
This stage entails understanding the products and services offered, researching the market opportunity, studying the competitive landscape and defining the key insights for the brand.
We offer the following services at this stage:
- Business Registrations: We assist our client to register their New Ventures, Patents, Trademark, and Copy Rights with the Commission and Intellectual Property Company (CIPC) and Tax related services with the South African Revenue Service (SARS) and other registrations
- Market Research: Conduct Primary and Secondary Market Research to gather information on customer needs, size of the market and growth potential
- Competition Analysis: Prepare a report on the competitive landscape, their strengths and weaknesses
- Feasibility Study: Establish the market size, opportunities, threats , challenges and business planning to arrive at the pricing strategy
- Identify Markets: Identify the markets in South Africa and segment the market and define territories to launch the brand
- Business Planning: Whether you need a business plan for internal planning, to obtain debt financing through a bank loan, to present to angel investors, or to get venture capital — we can help.
- Branding and Positioning: Handle all aspects of branding, starting from naming, brand identity and position the brand
In this stage, we devise the market entry strategy, find suitable partners, arrange for funding, create a marketing plan and launch the brand.
The services we offer at this stage include:
- Market Entry Strategy: We brainstorm and analyse various strategies to market the product or service such as direct selling including selling online, sales agents, franchising, distribution, setting up a branch or subsidiary etc. We either choose one or a combination of options
- Joint Ventures & Partnerships: These are strategic relationships with a long term perspective. We shortlist potential partners, seek legal assistance, perform negotiations, close deals and appoint franchisees, distributors etc.
- Funding: We work with clients and prepare a business plan, identify investors, pitch for debt and equity based funding, and finalise funding for setting-up and expansion
- Public Relations: Devise a PR strategy and ongoing PR agctivities to position and build the brand
- Advertising: Use of media channels such as print, radio etc to create top of the mind awareness
This is the most critical stage, which determines the success of the product or the service. In this stage we prepare a marketing plan, devise the marketing strategy and handle all aspects of marketing including PR, Advertising, Marketing Communications, Digital Marketing and Sales. We also handle all aspects of developing business strategies including HR, Accounting Systems, Finance, Procurement, and Technology.
The services we offer at this stage include:
- Events & Sales Promotions: Participation in Trade Shows, Events and use Sales Promotions to create a prospect list, generate leads to sell products and services
- Marketing Communications: This involves ongoing support on all aspects of communications such as brochures, flyers, PR, Advertisements etc
- Digital Marketing: Utilise the power of the internet, Social Media, SEO and PPC campaigns to create awareness and to sell products and services
- Sales: We assist our clients in creating and managing a Sales Team and work towards building a Sales Organisation. We also identify and create partnerships, which will increase sales volumes
- Mergers and Acquisitions: We assist our clients in identifying companies for acquisitions and mergers and play an active part in negotiating and closing the deal.
- Human Capital: Our expert HR consultants are available to you on a full or part-time basis and are able to perform many HR duties, including: HR management, HR policy and procedure, professional development, benefits and compensation, and more.
- Bookkeeping: Our bookkeeping services include the following: Payroll processing, Accounts payable (entry, bill paying), Accounts receivable (entry, invoicing, deposits, and collection). The following accounting system services:
- Accounting: We provide Accounting Software Selection and Implementation, Data Entry and Conversion Services, Integration with Third-Party Applications like Payroll, Time Management, and Billing etc.
- Finance: We provide a wide range of services to our clients, which include budget planning, debt management, financial due diligence, financial controls and systems development
- Procurement – We offers a long-standing expertise in large-scale public and private sector procurement, helping our clients get the best deal from bought-in goods and services
- Technology: We offers the expertise a proactive oriented and technologically inclined company needs to perform its operations efficiently and effectively through allowing it to concentrate on its core activities whilst deploying the latest IT implements. Some of our primary services includes, digital strategy, web design, web development and hosting, web update and maintenance, search engine optimization and IT consulting services
Based on our past experiences in dealing with client requirements, we have realised that companies come across certain challenges when setting up in South Africa. Some of them include bureaucracy, legal challenges, finding the appropriate infrastructure and hiring a world class team.
To assist our clients to overcome these challenges, we have identified and handpicked partner companies, who offer the following services.
Auditing and Tax Services
Sectors we service
- New Ventures
- New Technologies
- Coffee Shops
- Retail Businesses
- Apartment Complexes
- Schools and other Education Projects
- Community Development and Tourism projects
Who we work with
We work with companies of different shapes and sizes
- Start ups Enterprises
- Small Enterprises
- Medium Enterprises
- Cooperative Enterprises
We also work with companies at different stages of entering the South African market
- Companies considering launching in South Africa
- Companies ready to launch in South Africa
- Companies looking to develop and expand in South Africa
Models of working
In this model, we manage various projects for a fee. The projects can be on a short term basis (1 month -3 months) or long term (6 months plus) basis Some example of projects include Market Research, Branding, Advertising, Websites, Internet Marketing, Marketing Communications, Events, Sales etc.
A project fee is charged which is determined based on the type and scale of the project.
In this model, KPSG and the Client form a strategic relationship. KPSG creates a combination of shared and dedicated teams to manage various projects.
The fee charged is a combination of a minimum retainer fee and a share in the revenues.
This is a very interesting model for clients willing to gradually grow their team and keep the cost low.
This is an ideal model for companies looking at a long term relationship in building trust and team work. This involves setting up a separate limited company or a business partnership
In this model the KPSG and the Client each own shares in the company and agree to the terms of management, share in the revenues and profits.